DigiLocker: DigiLocker is a cloud document storage wallet. This platform has been developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology under Digital India. With its help, Indian citizens can verify and store their documents digitally. For example, if you want to do KYC for a bank account, you can do it online through DigiLocker. In DigiLocker, customers can store their important documents like Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Driving License, School Marksheets, Insurance Papers etc. People can keep all their documents digitally safe in DigiLocker. It can be digitally authenticated on multiple platforms. With its help, citizens can avail government services, employment and health facilities.
How to create DigiLocker account?
1. First of all download DigiLocker app from Google Playstore in the phone.
2. Open the app and select your language.
3. Scroll down and tap on the Get Started button.
4. Click on Create Account there.
5. Enter Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email ID and Aadhaar Number. Then set a 6 digit PIN. After that click on the submit button.
6. An OTP will come on your mobile number and email. You will get the Aadhaar details after entering the OTP.
7. In this way your DigiLocker account will be setup.
How to upload documents on DigiLocker?
1. The first thing you have to do is login to upload your documents.
2. Upload option will be available in the menu bar on the screen.
3. Click on the option of upload.
4. Now select the document you want to upload from your media.
5. Now your document will be uploaded.
How to login on Digilocker.gov.in?
1. First of all one has to go to DigiLocker’s website digilocker.gov.in.
2. On the top of the home page, you can select the language.
3. On the right side of the homepage, the option of sign in and sign up will be found.
4. Now the login page will open as soon as you click on sign in.
5. Now you have to enter your Aadhaar, mobile number. Then OTP has to be filled.
6. You are now logged in to the DigiLocker website.